Detailed LCD modeling in 3 dimensions
- Import of existing CAD data (e.g. GDS2) and post-processing for definition of material properties, alignment parameters and initial director configurations;
- easy definition and creation of models by integrated 3D editor that replicates a real mask deposition process;
- advanced meshing generator for minimum meshing time;
- self-adaptive tetrahedral mesh for accurate results with minimum number of nodes;
- reduced calculation times by mesh adaption to local geometries;
- user-adjustable meshing options from fast to accurate;
- initial relaxation of LC director;
- periodic boundary conditions;
- calculation of director configuration over subpixel area or a multitude of pixels;
- calculation of transmittance and reflectance over subpixel area or a multitude of pixels;
- evaluation of areas of interest for e.g. average luminance;
- calculation of stray capacitance between all electrodes;
- polarization state analysis, representation via Poincaré Sphere or Stokes parameters.
Typical applications for this comprehensive way of modeling include complex TFT-LCDs with MVA, PVA, S-IPS, FFS, TN, OCB, etc.